Senior Software Engineer
Role & Responsibilities:
As a Senior Software Engineer here you will work closely with our Product Owners and all members of the delivery team to create the best possible solution for our customers and end-users. We run regular sessions with all the teams, presentations and demos to ensure everyone is well informed. You’ll get the chance to learn about everything from how hotels work to effective communication.
You will get to work with a lot of exciting modern technology and your role will involve:
- Applying your knowledge of native mobile development to help design and create beautiful, reliable mobile experiences
- Implementing user stories and agreed features through clean, maintainable code
- Writing unit tests for every piece of code produced
- Participating in refinement of user stories and definition of acceptance criteria
- Participating in estimation, prioritisation, and planning of tasks from the product backlog
- Participating in all Scrum ceremonies
What we are looking for:
- Experience developing native applications in a similar senior role using Objective-C, Swift or Java
- Commercial experience with cross-platform mobile technologies such as Xamarin or Flutter
- Familiar with app distribution processes (App Store and/or Google Play Store)
- Writing automated tests, Test-driven development
- Familiar with using Restful APIs
- Ability to work collaboratively with the rest of the product development team to discuss and define requirements
- Version control - Git, Bitbucket or Github
- Proactive and versatile
- Willingness to take ownership and be accountable for one’s work
- Ability and willingness to continuously keep up-to-date with the latest technologies and rapidly learn new technologies
- Aspire to engineering excellence – be able to write scalable, maintainable, efficient, and beautiful code
Interested in working with us? You should apply if:
- The work we’re doing sounds exciting!
- You want to be involved in building a product that you (and everyone you know) will use every day on holidays at home and abroad
- You like your ideas being listened to, taken on board and implemented into the projects
- You’re keen to learn more about modern technologies and the inner workings of the travel-tech sector
- You’re comfortable working in a team that deals with ambiguity
- You strive for engineering excellence and best practice
We are based in Codebase, Edinburgh's best-known tech incubator and offer a relaxed and trusting culture in a collaborative working environment. We offer competitive salaries based on skills and experience, with competitive benefits.
- Flexible working hours
- Personal and professional development
- Life Insurance …….and more!
As all young companies, we have been trying to build a great working environment. How?
We listen to our employees and get their feedback on what we can improve on and what we are doing well. We appreciate the work our team do so we do not make it any tougher by micro managing or adding unnecessary stress. We focus on productivity and provide all the support our team needs to be able to do their jobs to their best of their ability. Someone is always there to help!
We are proud to have a diverse team. We encourage an open and transparent working environment. We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. We do our best to offer flexible working and hours to help you meet other commitments and ensure you strike a great work-life balance.
- We try and make our hiring process relaxed and fun so we get the best out of people and our aim is that we learn from you and you learn from us during the process.
- We are an approachable bunch and will happily answer any questions
If you would like to hear more, send your CV or queries to firstname.lastname@example.org