Role & Responsibilities:
Criton works in project-based sprints in small, cross-platform squads. Due to continued success, we are growing our team and will always be looking for enthusiastic talented individuals.
We have big ambitions: aiming to shape how technology is used within the hospitality sector, across the globe. There are many interesting challenges ahead. As a Senior QA engineer, you will work with engineering and others in the business to ensure we have excellent testing processes and procedures and we run regular sessions with all the teams, presentations and demos to ensure everyone is well informed. You’ll get the chance to learn about everything from how hotels work to effective communication.
We will always welcome your input. It does not matter how long you have been here - you are part of Criton and your opinion counts.
You will get to work with a lot of exciting modern technology and your role will involve:
- Designing, documenting, and implementing detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and procedures for end-to-end integration testing
- Working closely with other members of the Product Delivery team (i.e. Product Owners, Designers, and Developers) throughout sprints to ensure high quality throughout.
- Promoting a collaborative approach to testing by coaching developers to become more aware of QA workflows and ways of thinking, in order to make the testing workflow more efficient (how testing works in the agile process, - no throwing over the wall etc).
- Inputting into the QA strategy and definition of the QA roadmap
- Performing manual exploratory testing.
- Acceptance testing to ensure that functionalities developed satisfy the requirements and are complete.
- Estimating, prioritising, and planning testing activities.
- Thorough tracking and documentation of bugs.
Regular communication with stakeholders and colleagues on the progress of testing for each release cycle.
You’ll be also working closely with:
- Python frameworks (e.g. Flask, Django)
- Database technologies - MySQL, PostgreSQL, ORMs (SQLAlchemy)
- RESTful APIs
- Version Control – Git
- We also utilise JIRA and Slack
- We adhere to Agile methodologies and participate in Scrum ceremonies.
What we are looking for:
- Cross-browser and mobile app UI testing
- Strong attention to detail, proactive and versatile
- Experience with Git-based version control
- You should come for a strong testing background as you will be leading the QA/Test methodologies and best practice.
- You should have experience with the following Selenium, Appium
- Karma, Jasmine, Protractor, BrowserStack, Postman and BDD.
Interested in working with us? You should apply if:
- The work we’re doing sounds exciting!
- You want to be involved in building a product that you (and everyone you know) will use every day on holidays at home and abroad
- You like your ideas being listened to, taken on board and implemented into the projects
- You’re keen to learn more about modern technologies and the inner workings of the travel-tech sector
- You’re comfortable working in a team that deals with ambiguity
- You Strive for QA excellence – Designing, documenting and implementing detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and procedures for end-to-end integration testing.
- Cross-browser testing and UI testing.
We are based in Codebase, Edinburgh's best-known tech incubator and offer a relaxed and trusting culture in a collaborative working environment. We offer competitive salaries based on skills and experience, with competitive benefits.
- Flexible working hours
- Personal and professional development
- Life Insurance …….and more!
As all young companies, we have been trying to build a great working environment. How?
We listen to our employees and get their feedback on what we can improve on and what we are doing well. We appreciate the work our team do so we do not make it any tougher by micromanaging or adding unnecessary stress. We focus on productivity and provide all the support our team needs to be able to do their jobs to the best of their ability. Someone is always there to help!
We are proud to have a diverse team. We encourage an open and transparent working environment. We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. We do our best to offer flexible working and hours to help you meet other commitments and ensure you strike a great work-life balance.
- We try and make our hiring process relaxed and fun so we get the best out of people and our aim is that we learn from you and you learn from us during the process.
- We are an approachable bunch and will happily answer any questions.
If you would like to hear more, send your CV or queries to email@example.com