Business Development Executive
The role and responsibilities:
Due to expansion, an exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Business Development Executive to join our Sales and Marketing team.
You will work closely with the marketing and sales teams at Criton acting as a key segue between marketing and sales activities. In this role, you will personally qualify leads to ensure key criteria are met from either inbound prospecting or via proactive, outbound prospecting. This is an integral role for sales to ensure that all leads are fully qualified.
Solid commercial background in a Demand Generation role, working with Sales and Marketing.
We are looking for a talented and dynamic individual with a passion for service and selling, outstanding communication skills and a confident, can-do attitude. This role will be pivotal and therefore, experience of liaising with a range of decision makers at every level will be essential. Outstanding communication skills are an absolute must.
You will play a key role in helping us achieve our growth plan. You will work as part of the Sales and Marketing team, making outbound calls, following up marketing campaigns and nurturing prospects to ensure we are ready to sell to them at the point they are ready to buy. Your main purpose will be to ensure that our sales team is continually busy with qualified leads, which enable them to reach their targets.
- Experience of making cold and warm calls and being confident in qualifying leads in terms of budget, timeframes, needs and speaking to the right stakeholders.
- Generating sales-ready appointments from outbound calling.
- Ensuring each appointment is well qualified and an opportunity for the Inbound Sales Team.
- Continuously managing and reviewing pipeline, ensuring all new business opportunities are handled effectively to optimise sales conversion.
- Continuously delivering against targets and KPI’s.
- Developing solid relationships with key internal stakeholders including marketing, sales and senior management.
- A track record within sales or of working on the telephone.
- Excellent questioning, qualification and closing skills.
- The confidence and tenacity to pursue leads, overcome obstacles and secure appointments.
- Skilful objection handling techniques and ability to operate at all levels in an organisation.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team.
- A self-starter, who thrives under pressure to achieve challenging goals.
At Criton, our employees are our number one priority. We are based in Codebase, Edinburgh's best-known tech incubator and offer a relaxed and trusting culture in a collaborative working environment. We offer competitive salaries based on skills and experience, with competitive benefits.
- Flexible working hours
- Personal and professional development
- Life Insurance …….and more!
As all young companies, we have been trying to build a great working environment. How?
We listen to our employees and get their feedback on what we can improve on and what we are doing well. We appreciate the work our team do so we do not make it any tougher by micromanaging or adding unnecessary stress. We focus on productivity and provide all the support our team needs to be able to do their jobs to the best of their ability. Someone is always there to help!
We are proud to have a diverse team. We encourage an open and transparent working environment. We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. We do our best to offer flexible working and hours to help you meet other commitments and ensure you strike a great work-life balance.
- We try and make our hiring process relaxed and fun so we get the best out of people and our aim is that we learn from you and you learn from us during the process.
- We are an approachable bunch and will happily answer any questions.
If you would like to hear more, send your CV or queries to email@example.com